Melanoma is a deadly skin cancer that affects approximately 160,000 people worldwide each year. It’s characterized by lesions on the skin, often changing in shape, size or color, and though we’ve long known that it’s 100% avoidable, we now know that it might even be treatable.
For the very first time, the FDA has endorsed two melanoma-treatment products from the global healthcare company GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) called Tafinlar and Mekinist. These simple supplements, when used together, claim to ward off cancer for longer periods of time and can potentially treat forms of melanoma that cannot be surgically removed. Read a review of the treatment by respected source cosmeticsdesign.com USA.
If successful, this treatment could save thousands of lives. But the most successful way to address melanoma is to prevent it entirely. Follow these few simple rules for sunscreen for beautiful skin and a healthy, melanoma-free life:
- Reapply every 2 hours (no matter how high the SPF is)
- Only use a broad-spectrum sunscreen protecting against UVA and UVB rays
- Use water-resistant SPF if you are outdoors for extended periods or playing sports
- Apply an SPF of 15 or higher (SPF15 is suitable for daily use if you spend most of your time inside – yes SPF is still necessary indoors due to windows allowing UV rays through)
- Apply a 1oz amount approximately 30minutes prior to sun exposure and every two hours thereafter.
Skin Spa offers a wide variety of skin-softening, deluxe sunscreens at all seven Manhattan locations. Come in to pick yours up today!