Express Sunless Tan
A customized sunless tan in 1–3 hours! You can get a natural-looking tan on your lunch break. Get glowing!
- Natural-looking tan
"I always feel welcomed for my wax, laser and tanning sessions."
What can you expect after a Express Sunless Tan at Skin spa new york?
No streaks or tan lines here! Your sunless tan will be evenly applied by an expert.
Don't worry about turning orange or an unnatural shade. Our expert applicators will ensure your tan looks effortless and natural.
You'll always feel comfortable with our trained employees.
How should I prepare for a tan?
Shower and exfoliate 24 hours before tanning with an oil free product. Hair removal (waxing/shaving) should be done at least 24 hours prior to tanning. Avoid moisturizing for 24 hours prior to tanning as even after showering residue can remain on the skin. On the day of your tan don’t wear any make-up, deodorant or perfume, body oils or lotions.
What should I expect for results?
Results will vary depending on the individual. Pale skin will not be the same color after tanning as dark / sallow skin. Chlorine, perfume, deodorant, products containing essential oils, dehydration and skin health can all affect your tan result.
What should I do after my Sunless Tan session?
Immediately after your spray tan:
- Remember the instant tan color you see is only a guiding bronzer. Your tan will develop within 6 - 8 hours.
- Keep hands and skin completely dry for 1-3 hours.
- Do not apply cosmetics or skincare products over the developing tan.
- Avoid activities that make you perspire for 1-3 hours after the tan is applied.
After your tan has developed:
- To allow maximum DHA development, wait 1–3 hours before showering.
- Pale / Hard to tan skin: 3 hours
- Medium / Dark skin: 1–3 hours
- Shower with lukewarm water. Once the water runs clear, come out of the shower and pat yourself dry. The tan will continue to develop and you should wait to shower with soap until 8–12 hours have passed.
What should I avoid?
Avoid using skincare products that contain alpha hydroxyl acids (AHAs) as they will strip your tan. Do not wax / shave for 24 hours as this removes layers of skin and will remove the tan too!
What should I do before my Sunless Tan Session?
Be sure to exfoliate and shave, wax, or laser within 24 hours prior to your tanning session. Do not apply moisturizers or other barriers to the skin after showering, prior to your tan. Wait a minimum of 1 hour after your tan to shower or perspire for best results.
What will my tan look like?
All shades are extremely natural and will fade like a real tan. The initial color you see after your session is only a color guide, it will wash off with your first shower and you will see your beautiful developed tan underneath.