Effective Jan 1, 2022
Information We Collect
We may obtain information about you from various sources. We may collect information when you purchase goods or services from us, provide it to us at one of our stores, on our website (www.skinspanewyork.com), via our social media pages, at one of our events or if you contact us by telephone.
Our products are available for sale online and in our Spas. When you visit skinspanewyork.com website or our social media pages, we may also collect certain information about your device or usage by automated means, including using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Information You Provide
You may choose to provide information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, when you make a purchase on our site or in our Spas or via our social media pages. The types of information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, mobile or other phone number)
- Age and date of birth
- Payment information (such as your delivery address and billing address)
- Purchase history
- Product preferences and feedback
- Location information
- Your physical characteristics, skincare concerns and preferences
- Information in relation to product complaints (includes reaction to skin, your ethnic origin and allergies)
- Content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses and comments)
- Device information provided to us through the type of device you use when you visit our website and social media pages which may also include your unique device identifier, IP address, type of device or mobile operating system
- Information provided to us through social media networks when you visit our social media pages (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information made publicly available by you on the social media network)
How We Use the Information
We may use the information provided to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide products and services to you
- Process your payment and/or gift card transactions
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your online and in-store purchase history
- Assist with product selection
- Respond to your inquiries
- Tailor ads displayed to you on our site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social networking applications
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services improving our current products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Protect our systems and infrastructure from security risks
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
California Privacy Rights
California "Shine the Light" Law
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared information with any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as described below. In your correspondence, please confirm that you are a California resident making a "California Shine the Light" inquiry.
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you reside in California, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to opt-out of any sale by us of your personal information
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information
- You have the right to request us to disclose to you the following, no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information during the preceding 12 months
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information during the preceding 12 months
- Categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information during the preceding 12 months
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months
- Categories of personal information we collected and sold about you during the preceding 12 months
- Categories of information we have sold and categories of third parties to whom the information was sold during the preceding 12 months
- Categories of information we disclosed about you for a business purpose during the preceding 12 months
- We will not discriminate against you because you exercised your rights under this section of this Policy.
To exercise the rights described above, you must submit a verifiable consumer request to us by contacting us at the as described below and providing the requested information.
To submit a verifiable consumer request, you will be asked to provide certain information to help us verify your identity. The information we ask you to provide to initiate a request may differ depending upon the type of request, the type, sensitivity and value of the personal information that is the subject of the request, and the risk of harm to you that may occur as a result of unauthorized access or deletion, among other factors. We may also require you to provide a written declaration that you are who you say you are. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not be able to comply with your request. We will inform you if we cannot verify your identity.
Do Not Track
Under California law, website and online service operators are also required to disclose how they respond to web browser "do not track" signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about a consumer's online activities over time and across third-party websites. We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to "do-not-track" signals or other similar mechanisms.
Third Party Collection
California law also requires website and online service operators to disclose whether third parties may collect information about their users' online activities over time and across different sites when the users use the operator's website or service. Third parties that have content or services on our site such as a social feature, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits while you visit our website and while you visit third party websites that use the same content or services.
Information We Share
We do not rent lists or sell or otherwise disclose information we collect about you.
In addition, and notwithstanding any other provision herein, we may retain and disclose information about you (a) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (b) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials; or (c) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
We also reserve the right to transfer information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below.
Our websites are not directed to children under the age of sixteen and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of sixteen on our websites. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received information from a visitor under the age of sixteen on a website, we will delete the information from our records.
How We Protect Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission to us.
Access and Correction
We comply with all applicable laws regarding access and correction of information. You may contact us by using the information in the section "How to Contact Us" to update the information you have provided to us, general enquiries or if you have any questions on this Policy and how Skin Spa New York processes your personal information.
User Submitted Content
Users may be able to submit reviews, content and other information and materials that users have created through our website and through third party social media platforms. ANY OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY SUCH USER SUBMITTED CONTENT ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE USERS THAT SUBMITTED THE CONTENT AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE OPINIONS, POLICY OR POSITION OF SKIN SPA NEW YORK. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR SUCH CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY THIRD PARTY'S RELIANCE ON ITS QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY, OR ANY DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION IN YOUR USER CONTENT THAT MAKES YOU OR OTHERS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE. YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT SKIN SPA NEW YORK HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY SUCH ACTIVITIES. YOU ALSO AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR USER CONTENT IS NOT SPONSORED OR ENDORSED BY SKIN SPA NEW YORK, AND YOU WILL NOT IMPLY THAT YOUR USER CONTENT IS IN ANY WAY SPONSORED OR ENDORSED BY SKIN SPA NEW YORK.
How to Contact Us
To contact us in relation information you have provided to us, to send us general enquiries, to contact us in relation to this Policy and how Skin Spa New York processes your personal information, or if you have any questions on your and any privacy issues concerning Skin Spa New York, you may contact us via our website or postal mail as follows:
Skin Spa New York, LLC
12 E 44th St., 2FL
New York, NY, 10017